[CUBE] Vid upgrades:7500, 8500, 9000

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Tue Jun 3 06:54:29 PDT 2003

> I understand the mods needed for some of these cards are rather
> involved.

7500 is not so involving. You can either modify the back plate a bit
(not the actual cube enclosure!) or run it without the plate at all
which will improve the cooling. 8500 and 9000 both require you to move
your DC board, and that is something I wouldn't do. They also run
hotter.

> As far as performance, are there any of you out there who might have
> impressions or comments?
> Experiences?

7500 is faster than the Radeon that I currently use. 8500 is the
fastest one, and 9000 is a tiny bit slower than 8500.

> Wish to at some point run a 23 HD Cine possibly with a smaller LCD in
> the future.

All three of them can do it. I'd suggest you go with 7500, at least
that's what I'm going to do.