[CUBE] Help. Dying Cube?

Julian Tracy julian at leswardphoto.com
Tue Jun 3 14:33:44 PDT 2003

> Good idea.  I recall someone mentioning once something about a Panaflex
> (sp?) fan (same one used in Powerlogix upgrade kits, perhaps).  This
> seemed like a really good fan from what I recall.  Does anyone have any
> more information on this (what fan is this, where to get it)?
>
> Also, a more general question...  How does the fan get power?  Are
> there spare power terminal(s) on the Cube's motherboard?

You can buy the Panaflo fan as cube install kit (from either PL or Sonnet )
for $15-22.00.

The fan that was supplied with my Sonnet 1.2 is the Panaflo "L".  It is very
silent.  It's power cord plugs into the logic board directly; there was an
un-used connector that apparently was exactly for that purpose. (Hence the
fan mount that is built-in to the Cube frame.)

The 1.2GHZ Sonnet is down to $475 now - last week I paid $577! (OWC was kind
enough to give me a store credit...)

Regards,

Julian Tracy