[CUBE] [OT] Collectable computers (was: Would you believe 8 fans?!)

James Rice daystar-genesis at charter.net
Mon Jun 9 05:30:27 PDT 2003

Riba wrote:

> A while ago there was a NeXT cube on US ebay with monitor, NeXT black
> laser printer (yes, the talking one!), and 30 kilos of documentation
> and software for $350. Damn.

I've got three of those lasers and one of the SCSI interfaced color
inkjets.  The voice on the laser is a woman with a British accent.
Since NeXT was really big into internationalization, I wonder what the
voice was is you activated one of the other languages?

The printers are really bulletproof.  They are SX engine based so toner
is really inexpensive.  The only were parts seem to be the exit gear and
in-feed roller, both which can be replaced for $10.  The quality of
print seems to be almost as good as my 600dpi HP6P.

James

--
http://webpages.charter.net/jrice54/classiccomp2.html