Jaguar, what's next?

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Tue Jun 17 14:35:50 PDT 2003

So far for your money we have had :
10.2.0 .1 .2 .3 .4. .5 .6 etc

We have have all heard the rumours about panther as the next instalment, but
what are we going to see in it?

Is it going to be a processor dependant OS, i.e. The new 970's from IBM or
is it going to be a polished and tweaked version of Jaguar?
What features are we going to gain over Jaguar?
Who is it aimed at?
Will it work on a cube?

As we have historically seen from Microsnot, there is a tendency so see the
next s/w OS every 2-3 years or so, give or take, but as technology and
processor speeds advance, so will the demand for greater flexibility and
integration.  We all within two years will have some need for Bluetooth or
its next generation reiteration, in managing our lives, but what is Panther
going to do to achieve this for us?

We are a dedicated and semi-elitist community, why not we have the prettiest
computer yet designed, but could Panther spell the demise at a s/w level of
the cube?

John Guy