[CUBE] iDisk speed

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Thu Jun 19 00:00:30 PDT 2003

On 2003-06-19 00:55, Leif Joel Örell wrote:

> Someone on this list talked about increasing the speed of iDisk by
> using Dave and also that with Jaguar Dave is not needed anymore, but
> that you have to do something to to start this faster function.
> Uploading to my iDisk is terrible slow although I have 2,5 Mb ADSL.

Bear in mind that ADSL means ASYNCHRONOUS Digital Subscriber Line, the
asynchronous part meaning that the upload and download speeds are different.
Since most users do way more downloading than uploading, the upload channel
on your 2.5 Mbit connection may be as slow as 128 kbit. Check with your ISP
to find out what your actual upload speed is.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world:
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.