[CUBE] iTunes Speed/Performance Feedback

Brian Kurotsuchi cube at big-endian.org
Sat Jun 21 14:42:12 PDT 2003

I believe you will be able to take advantage of the SMP if you have 2 CD-ROM
drives.  iTunes doesn't seem to be written to split up ripping of a single
disk, but it is capable of processing more than one disk at a time.  So in
effect, each CPU would be processing each CD (yes, I know how OSs work and
this is not necessarily technically accurate).

I haven't tested this of course since I have a Cube...   :)

Brian

Quoting Kunga (Kunga at FutureMedia.org):