[CUBE] ichat A/V

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Wed Jun 25 11:59:38 PDT 2003

> on the Radio (Let's say in S. America, or something) You'll never be
> there, but you can see the person,
> OR BETTER YET, I've seen some shots out of the Persons Window and
> there Something to see...

Ok, I guess this is kind of nice, but the digital can do this part
better than this.

> Not the Postcard image or something, but The real thing.. Not that
> ANYONE would want to see me either,
> But What Radios, Computers, Test Equipment, Etc... The Old Saying is
> true, A Picture is worth a Thousand Words!..

Exactly, but many times those words are not what you want to read ;))))

Now seriously, internet telephony is a very nice thing, but usefulness
of the so-called video-conferencing is questionable to me. I'm sure
that there are people who don't share my point of view.
Maybe I don't like it because the first and the last time i tried it I
got a video feed from a naked guy somewhere in Australia, close-ups
included =8-O