Dial out/ print problem Keyspan

Frank French moutard at mac.com
Mon Mar 3 10:26:58 PST 2003

Hi,
Friends cube was freezing on restart up after a print session where they
tried to print something from the internet and it crashed. Their cube runs
OS 9.1, they're printing to a Keyspan USB to serial adapter. I started them
up with extensions off and opened the desktop printer and removed the hung
job. That got them up and running and then we tested the modem and they
could dial out but if they tried to print the modem would go off line.

Checked modem settings and it for some reason showed Keyspan. Changed that
to internal modem and tested both at the same time. It worked, could connect
and print at the same time. Left it at that however it now turns out that
they cannot connect to the www unless the printer is on or at least plugged
in. Haven't seen that before as Keyspan devices are pretty good except for a
known conflict with LS 120 superdrives.

Any ideas out there gang?

Thanks

Frank F