[OFF] Powerbook power plugs

James Knight j.knight at kb-group.co.uk
Thu Mar 6 13:33:54 PST 2003

Hi folks

Wonder if anyone knows about the power plugs on Powerbook G3 (Pismo) &
Powerbook G4 (Titanium) computers?

I know that the plugs are different sizes, but can one safely use the same
power supply with both computers (albeit with the different plug)?

The reason I ask - I've just sold my Pismo Powerbook and bought a Titanium
one. I have a VST auto-charger (for plugging into lighter socket) which has
the plug on it for Pismo. Can I chop the plug off & replace it with the
Titanium-type plug?

The manuals both specify that the output voltage from the power supply is
24V @ 1.875A.

TIA

James

--