[CUBE] powerlogix-europe.com

Joseph B. Gurman gurman at gsfc.nasa.gov
Fri Mar 7 03:53:37 PST 2003

     Erik Ableson wrote:

At 2:41 AM -0800 3/7/03, Cube List wrote:
>OK - newly arrived in France, this has been a problem dogging me as
>well.  There's a number of other items that I would love to pick up
>that I know are available quite cheap State-side... can anyone explain
>to me why USB hubs are ridiculously overpriced here?  What with the
>Euro being worth more than the USD these days the prices should be
>inverted.
>
>Fully realizing the tax implications with the VAT in the UK and the
>french equivalent there still shouldn't be the kind of price disparity
>we're all seeing here.

     I just checked the http://www.darty.fr/ Website, and their prices
for Belkin USB hubs are identical (if you make the poor assumption
that 1
--
"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they go by."
                                                             - Douglas

Joseph B. Gurman, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Solar Physics
Branch, Greenbelt MD 20771 USA