[CUBE] powerlogix-europe.com

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Fri Mar 7 04:21:01 PST 2003

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 01:03 PM, Joseph B. Gurman wrote:

>     Erik Ableson wrote:
>
>> OK - newly arrived in France, this has been a problem dogging me as=20
>> well.  There's a number of other items that I would love to pick up=20
>> that I know are available quite cheap State-side... can anyone
>> explain=20=
>> to me why USB hubs are ridiculously overpriced here?  What with the=20
>> Euro being worth more than the USD these days the prices should be=20
>> inverted.
>>
>> Fully realizing the tax implications with the VAT in the UK and the=20
>> french equivalent there still shouldn't be the kind of price
>> disparity=20=
>> were all seeing here.
>
>     Just checked the Darty Website (http://www.darty.fr/) and their
> prices on USB hubs are identical (in Euros) to the prices at
> Outpost.com (in US$), so that only makes them ~ 10% more expensive in
> absolute terms. From what I can tell, the Darty price includes VAT.
> Does this sound right to Erik and others in France?
>
> 						Joe Gurman

i've found if you order from American sites that ship overseas there
isn't much of a price diff but if you find a product that you would
like to get in the internet and go to buy it locally at least here in
Italy it will cost you double or more. Want an example my linksys
router i went to price it out here in Italy the lowest price i could
find was 300 euro i bought it in the states for 79 bucks. My Fujifilm
finepix A101 digital camera when i bought it in italy it was 327.00
euro i bought it on sale from kmart for 99 bucks regular price 159.

Remote control for ipod cost me 20 euro more in Italy than it would in
the states.