[CUBE] move OS X user home folder?

Joost van de Griek joost at jvdg.net
Tue Mar 11 02:22:14 PST 2003

On 2003-03-11 11:11, "Sergei Zak" <mancubus at macbox.ru> wrote:

>> Then why can I rename and move System 9 folder, or any file that has been
>> referenced thru an alias wherever? Not a good idea with OS X.
>
> Correction - renaming / moving System Folder or Library is a bad idea. Aliases
> work fine.

Same on UNIX, aliases (symbolic links) are used extensively.

There are multiple types of links in Mac OS X, however; old-fashioned HFS
aliases, hard links, and symbolic links.

man ln for more information.

As to moving stuff around or renaming stuff outside your Home folder: Why?

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Real programmers always mix up Halloween
and Christmas, because Oct 31 == Dec 25