Barracuda V 8 mb cache benchmark

Joakim Skog joakim.skog at home.se
Tue Mar 11 12:11:34 PST 2003

I just installed my Barracuda V 120 Gb with 8 Mb cache, which replaced my
"old" 80 Gb Barracuda IV with 2 Mb cache.

Xbench 1.0 gave the old configuration a rating of 50.96 with disc test at
55.61. The new configuration (system carbon copied from the old drive) got
an overall rating of 54.48, but more importantly a 82.56 for the disc test.

I guess the 8 mb cache is doing its job...;-)

I get a feeling that the new drive while reading is a tad bit louder though.

Now I'll finally install my Radeon 7500...:-)

Regards, Joakim