AW: [CUBE] ATA100 or ATA133?

Boris Jotic okatu at partizan-media.com
Wed Mar 12 07:29:54 PST 2003

<I'm thinking about upgrading my HD to 120Gig 8MB cache.  Which
<brand do you folks think is best.  And does it matter if it's
<ATA100 or ATA133 in a Cube?  FWIW, I've installed a PL1.2Ghz upgrade.

The Cube uses ATA100 but u can also use a 133 drive - it will auto step
down to 100, so it doesn't matter. Many on this list are using Seagate
Barracudas - I just got a brand new 80GB Barracuda 7200.7 with 2MB Cache
- and Xbench gives me a score of 102 which seems pretty good in
comparison to other HD. Also I would look for the 7200.7 or the IV since
the V is supposed to run slower then the IV (something bout more
compatible) - but as always: YMMV

Boris