[CUBE] Marbella Technologies New Major Discounter of New Macs

Erik Ableson eableson at mac.com
Wed Mar 12 22:46:12 PST 2003

There was a slew of discussion on this elsewhere.  If it looks too good
to be true - it probably is and these guys are not necessarily exactly
a scam, but read the fine print carefully as they don't actually
guarantee that price...

There's some interesting stuff over at:
http://forum.cubase.net/forum/Forum1/HTML/013136.html

Most interesting is the back-end whois research that uncovered the site
of a certain fred lackey who appears to be the source of much of this
data, who, despite his evident brilliance (hee hee - whatever) can't
read time zones.

Think of this - someone can't afford a full priced machine - they put
in a $250 deposit and the best price is maybe $50-100 off the list
price (assuming they manage even that).  So they can't pony up the
balance... they're out $250.

 From my work (historically) with resellers and distributors I can
pretty much guarantee that nobody out there is getting anywhere near
$1000 off a computer these days.

Erik