[CUBE] Barracuda V 8 mb cache benchmark

Joakim Skog joakim.skog at home.se
Thu Mar 13 05:13:49 PST 2003

(I just realized I sent this mail to J.C the other day, but maybe some of
you guys are interested aswell.)

> I'm looking for that drive, but all my searches turn up the 2Mb
> cache versions.  Can you give me the part number for your drive?

It's ST3120024A and you can read more about it on
http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,572,00
.html .

If I would buy one today, I'd probably look for the 7200.7 8 mb cache
version, model number ST3120026A
http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/discsales/marketing/detail/0,1081,580,00
.html which is a bit faster but has got the same acoustics.

It's rather strange that they released the 7200.7 and Barracuda V so close
to each other...

/J