[CUBE] OT: trouble with beige G3 internal SCSI/HD, OS 8.6

Frank French moutard at mac.com
Sat Mar 15 06:19:10 PST 2003

John,
I'd go back to Norton, latest version you have, and use Custom Disks rather
than Missing Disk. This usually brings up something that Norton can start
chewing on. If that's successful and it mounts after Norton's done, I'd then
use disk warrior. Sometimes the drive set up command 'mount disk' works but
not often.

And if all that fails then a simple initialize will mount the disk and
Norton can then be used to 'Unerase' that and recover the data. When you do
that recover it in multiple attempts. The recover feature dumps the files
into one folder and that one folder (at least under OS9) can take ages to
open. Selecting different groups of files to recover from the list gives you
multiple recovered folders.
Unix for stability. Macs for productivity. Windows for solitaire.--

Hope that helps.

FrankF