[CUBE] 100% Load Wouldn't Go Away

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat Mar 15 20:00:34 PST 2003

100% Load Wouldn't Go Away

I use "Cee Pee You" from http://www.unsanity.com to monitor my
processor load in the menu bar. Running old 500 MHz Cube with a 100 GB
WD Drive and a couple of 80 GB FireWire Drives hanging off it.

I came across an unusual load problem today that I wonder if anyone
else has had this happen to them or which someone might be able to
explain.

I noticed that my load was stuck on 100% and everything was working at
a glacial pace accordingly. As I progressively quit Netscape,
Photoshop, Safari, Mail etc. the load remained at 100%. I got down to
just the finder and the http://www.macunicorn.com TurboMem that I
always have running in the background. Still 100% load. Quit TurboMem
and the load remained at 100%.

So I shut down the entire Cube, started it back up and now the load is
back to a normal 10% ±5%. So I'm just wondering if anyone knows the
mystery of why my processor load got stuck on 100%?

Thanks.