[CUBE] itunes 4-Where to now?

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Thu May 1 00:30:11 PDT 2003

Quoth SnowWhite (jj4 at sympatico.ca) at 4/30/03 11:58:

> I think music stores are in deep trouble
> now.  They will need to fill niches that on-line does not cover. But
> that begs the question-Is server storage and bandwidth cheaper than a
> physical location and is it able to cover the niches more effectively.
> I think Apple definately has an advantage with server space.

Possible, but I doubt it. The technology to deliver online books has been
around for a decade but book stores are still doing just fine, because there
are people who prefer the old medium.

> Do you all feel that all the other record labels will launch on-line
> music ASAP to compete with this new direct marketing?  What do you all
> think the ramifications will be?

I would be very surprised if Apple's contracts don't include some sort of
exclusivity clause.

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
"Friendly giant tortoises jumping off your big fat dog makes me wonder why I
keep your brain in your skull." - 'Flight of the Barking Death Squirrel',
They Might Be Giants