Was Powerlogix, buyer beware.

John Guy john.guy at btclick.com
Thu May 1 10:48:21 PDT 2003

Once again I have the dubious honour of addressing the cube nation.

As per last post, new card installed, worked a treat...until
The fan crapped out, Waypoint are shipping another, but the major issue is
that I only noticed when the room temp started to increase, read as, "Too
distracted by playing with new toy", checked fan, no movement.  Immediate
shut down.

Took cube out of case, all metal was hot to touch, the closer to the central
core the hotter...parts too hot to touch.
I think I was minutes from terminal heat overload...

Let it all cool down before checking further, it would appear as a result of
the heat the DC/DC board is terminally ill.  The little LED marked ds1 on
the corner where the power cable enters at the base failed to light...

Hence dead cube.  Boo hoo...

I have acquired a loaner from a friend who has a spare cube for spares and
am now back up and running, (put in a spare panaflo) I had sitting around.

I wonder what else could go wrong next?

Answer on an e-postcard to...

;-))

John Guy