Fatal Display resolution

Peer Bentzen peer.bentzen at tin.it
Thu May 1 19:20:24 PDT 2003

It seems as if I got myself into trouble...
I connected my Cube (System 10.2.5 - no Classic) to a LaCie 1200x1600
display with the analog connector. Then I went to the Displays Preferences
panel to play around with the resolutions. The last one was something like
1950x1030, I don't really remember. Well, I chose that one of course! And
since then the display has been black - only with its own short message "Out
of range. DSUB analog" (some LaCie message).
I tried starting up holding down p+r+option+command, holding down the keys
for an extended period of time (I have no speakers connected, but I could
hear a "sound" from the hard disk with an equal interval as the expected
chimes) enough for 5 chimes. No change - still a black display.
I went to Apples Knowledge base, but couldn't find anything on the subject
there.
What to do???

- Peer