[CUBE] itunes 4-Where to now?

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Fri May 2 07:03:24 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 08:51  AM, macjedi at mac.com wrote:

>> 192k AAC is the sweet spot. 192k AAC is about equal to a 320k mp3.
>
> That's what I'd like to see. I rip everything now at 192k in MP3, and
> was a
> little disappointed to see that iTunes only allows 128k AAC.

It allows for higher than 128k AAC...just go to your iTunes prefs and
choose importing, then set it to AAC, and whatever bit rate you want!

Or did you mean the iTunes music store?

Don't sweat the audiophiles...they all just try to out-do each other in
the hearing dept...each one wants to be the one with the best ears so
they can tell the rest of us how it is, and it usually degrades into
petty ego squabbling. Trust me, I went to school for 1 year solid
learning nothing but audio full time, and it was a year full of trent
reznor wannabe's arguing over who could hear the difference betwnn this
or that.

192k AAC sounds GREAT. :¬)

jesse

.