Powerlogix upgrade temperature???

Gary Tuck gtuck at mac.com
Fri May 2 17:08:47 PDT 2003

It's a long and ugly story but thanks to Waypoint, I now have a new 1gHz
s233 board in my Cube after the 1.2gHz board self destructed and took a few
vital components with it.  My question is temperature.  I've been assured
that the 97F to 107F degrees of the air coming up from the chimney is within
normal range (by the Powerlogix engineer) but it frankly feels too hot for
me.  Has anyone measured the temp of the air coming from their Cube?  I use
a Radio Shack digital thermometer with the probe on the vent grill.  It
seems way warmer than when I had a s100 card.  I would appreciate any
information whether from PL, Sonnet or stock.

Thanks, Gary