[CUBE] Rage 128?

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Wed May 7 09:48:03 PDT 2003

I still use the stock Rage 128 Pro on a Cube 450 used as a network
server (OSX Server 10.2.5). I've measured the heat flowing out of the
back vent and there is virtually no difference between the Rage and
GF2MX. That said, in my experience the Rage 128 Pro is better (faster)
for most graphics other than for games that use the GF2MX's 32 MB VRAM.
Quartz Extreme, in general, is not what it is cracked up to be.

I use a GF3 in my production 1.2 GHz Cube and the heat is about 10%
greater at maximum than that of the Rage 128 Pro or GF2MX in the
otherwise stock 450 Cube.