[CUBE] Installed 10.2.6 and Lost Menu Bar

Jon Chaplin saint at waszup.com
Fri May 9 14:56:48 PDT 2003

> I just installed the 10.2.6 update via SUCP and all the Menu Bar items
> on the upper right are "lost".  Specifically I cannot get the
> Date/Time/ Airport Signal Strenght/  Speaker Volume applates to show.
>
> If I go into the individual control panel, the item controlling each of
> these menu bar items is unchecked and checking either doesn't hold or
> has no effect.
>
> I have a ordinary stock 450Mhz DVD G4 Cube with 1.5g of RAMand ungraded
> from 10.2.5.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, I had Spy installed and it broke after the update and took all the
menu extras with it, reinstalling Spy fixed it.

I found out by checking the console.app in the Utilities folder and it
said Spy was having problems "Finding it's crack." If you don't have
spy, check the console and see what it says...