[CUBE] Printer woes.

Philip J. Robar philip.robar at myrealbox.com
Tue May 13 12:53:46 PDT 2003

On Monday, May 12, 2003, at 10:11  PM, Marty Levenson wrote:

> I would love to get my older photo 700 Epson printer working with Jag
> 10.2.6. It is listed on the Gimp supported printers page, but I can't
> figure out how to install Gimp. Did I download the wrong file? It
> seems I need to know terminal mode (I've never gone there). is there
> an easier way?

What file did you download? You shouldn't be trying to install Gimp
(the graphics manipulating program). You are after Gimp-print (which
started out as a Gimp's printing mechanism, but is now an independent
project). You should have downloaded a disk image called
gimp-print-4.2.5-0.ppc.dmg. It contains release notes, a How to doc,
and an FAQ. The program itself is a double clickable package - the
command line is not needed.

Note that you also need to install ESP Ghostscript which is also
available at the same site.

Phil