OS X.2.6 Functionality

SnowWhite jj4 at sympatico.ca
Tue May 13 01:57:21 PDT 2003

I have been using 10.2.6 since an hour after its release. I got it
through software update at about 1 am. It was not there at midnight.

I have had no problems with it but in 10.2.5 I did have the USB sound
problem-randomly cuts out.  I have not run enough to see if the sound
is fixed or not.

I think one of the major keys to running OSX well on any system is a
clean install with a wipe or initialization during the install.  Then
use updater to get up to date. Most people that have major kernel
panics and other fatal errors have brought their systems up to date via
some other method. (I am not saying OSX is perfect)

The only real problems I have had are the printing aspects. My
Tectronix Phaser 350 connected via ethernet can be seen and set up but
I have yet to send a page that would print.  The que is set up but the
error that the printer is not responding always comes back.  If any of
you have a solution to this let me know.

OSX has been a very good OS since I jumped onto it at Jaguar (10.2)
with a few annoyances.  But I am not pushing this system hard, nor am I
making a living on it.  The other half is still using OS9 as the
working platform.  She will move forward as Abobe stablizes Illustrator
and the rest of the graphic programs that she uses.

jj