[CUBE] Still having problems with Cube Hard Drives

Meirion Roscoe roscoe at macunlimited.net
Wed May 14 01:39:52 PDT 2003

Maybe a crazy idea, but have you checked all the wiring looms and pins
in the connectors thoroughly.  Intermittent faults have a very strange
way of manifesting themselves sometimes.  The original drive may have
been installed badly and damaged something but still remained working.
When you swapped drives this may have aggrivated the situation.  It may
be indirectly due to heat as a fault such as a cold soldered joint will
usually only show up (or conversely, cure itself) when the joint gets
warm.  If you have spare cables/dc-dc boards/motherboards/daughter
boards/ granny boards!!, anything - try changing them on a modular
rotation basis to discount any faults in other areas affecting your
hard drive.

You may be surprised at where the fault actually lies!

Hope this helps - don't know much about OS or non-tangibles - just a
hardware dummy!

Cheers

Rossi