[CUBE] Best bang for the buck CPU

Daniel Love danlove at verizon.net
Wed May 14 19:49:01 PDT 2003

I recently installed a Sonnet 1.2. It was time consuming only because I
had never taken the Cube down to the "Buck Naked" state that is
required to put in the fan. I think they recommend a dealer install to
cover themselves.

Was it hard? Not at all. The photo copied instructions were clear and
concise. I would have to say it has been the best upgrade that I have
done, bang for buck wise. MP3 rips that were 6x with the 450 are 15x
with the 1.2.

My "xbench" went through the roof 52.92 before and 101.2 after.

The fan is quiet, I had visions of a racket like my LaCie external
firewire drive makes.

Dan