[CUBE] MacResQ Cube repair program

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu May 22 00:33:51 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 02:11 PM, abillups at mac.com wrote:

> Ok, how is this done. I have an electrical engineer in the family, and
> he is pretty handy with a soddering (sp) iron. My cube is running fine
> except for some software glitches, but I would like to be prepared.

The procedure is always the same - first you need to locate the failed
component. Hopefully it won't be hard to do since they mostly explode
or turn black :). But sometimes more of the components fry and you can
find those using the appropriate tools. When you do locate them, buy a
replacement, remove the old ones and replace them with the new ones.
You would probably need surface mount tools for this.
Once again, the schematic of the DC board would be of tremendous help
here.