[CUBE] Booting from external drive

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Thu May 22 08:16:44 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 22, 2003, at 05:11 PM, A Marshall wrote:

> i'm thinking about getting an external firewire hard drive and putting
> a basic instalation of os 9 on it, just incase i need to do an
> emergency boot from it, my drive in my cube only has os X installed.
> What i wanted to know was is there a specific key command to boot
> directly from an external drive or would i have to boot from a CD
> first and then select Start Up Disc?

Keep the Option key pressed while turning on the computer and you will
be presented with a graphical menu from which you can choose one of the
available bootable systems currently available on your Cube. It works
if you have various systems on different partitions/drives, so it will
work here. There was also a certain key you could use to boot into OS
9/OS X...i know it was X for X but not sure about the other one ;)