[CUBE] MacResQ Cube repair program

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Thu May 22 16:33:32 PDT 2003

On 5/20/03 9:26 PM, wfoxjr at earthlink.net added a note to the human symphony,
when this was said:

> I think it means the power switch on/off problem that can be fixed with
> a new gasket from Apple or a thick piece of paper. They don't say that
> they will fix other problems, like blown DC boards or FW ports, but
> hopefully they will.

Shannon emailed me the details, which I posted earlier today:

The Cube Saver cost of $119 includes the following:

* Overnight shipment of a custom, Cube sized box to the end user.
* Return Overnight shipping of the end users Cube to our Repair Center
* Replacement of the Power Gasket
* Installation of a DC to DC converter board brace. (ed. note: do not
confuse the brace with a replacement board. the brace is sometimes used to
keep a loose dc/dc board in place, so that you don't have to re-seat it
yourself when it starts misbehaving)
* Return overnight shipping back to the end user.

All of this is done within 24 hours.

The 3-way overnight shipping alone costs 3 x $28 = $84 (ed. note: leaving
less than $40 for parts and labor, which is on par with what any other AASP
should charge). The repair takes apx 30 minutes to complete by a trained
technician.

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc