[CUBE] New Test [CUBE] Test NM

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Mon May 26 10:57:11 PDT 2003

as if your rude reply is worth an explanation, it's an american holiday
to memorialize/commemorate our war veterans, specifically starting with
those from our own civil war in 1865.  it had become a tradition to do
this every year that eventually one of our presidents past signed it
into a national holiday, sometime in the 1960s.  i'm sure the scope of
the holiday has now been generalized to cover dead veterans and living
alike for all of our wars since.

i would bet one of my big toe that many western european countries have
a similar holiday, perhaps just more directly entitled, perhaps in
response to some big wars of all the rampant colonialism and resultant
wars, or one of the world wars, probably II.

you could have google'd your answer rather than being a jerk.