[CUBE] iTunes 4.0.1 Update

John T. Folden nedloftj at mac.com
Wed May 28 01:28:42 PDT 2003

On Tuesday, May 27, 2003, at 05:21  PM, Kunga wrote:

> I wonder if this is a trick to plug the hole that has been letting
> folks share iTunes Playlists across the globe.

Well, the whole is "plugged" not because you could share playlists
across the globe but rather, it appears, because a certain subset of
users immediately went about finding and loudly promoting hacks to turn
this playlist sharing into a file-sharing Kazaa-Lite, so to speak.

Anyway, now the playlist sharing is confined to the local network.

Another plus is that the sound fluctuation problems in 4.0 are
completely fixed under 4.01.

John