[CUBE] The Return of the CUBE???

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Wed Nov 12 20:51:32 PST 2003

Bill Fox11/12/03 10:42 PMwfoxjr at earthlink.net

>Bill Fox wrote:

> Perish the thought!

Oooohhhhhhh a G5 Brushed aluminum iMac CUBE (iCube!), with a kickin' G5 in
it might be FUN! Sort of like the PowerLogix enclosure that I bought, and
has not shown up yet. (Actually I bought the BLACK, not the brushed
aluminum)

No?

Or maybe, without a screen and with different configurations, could range
from $699 to wherever. And finally give the public an inexpensive iMac.

What do iMacs start at? $1299? If you could buy an iMac for $999, or under,
a TON of people would buy Apple.  Those 'extra' few hundred dollars, no
matter HOW good a value the iMac is, stops some people cold.

It's getting to a point now where a LOT of people who would never consider a
Mac, are starting to see how cool, and what a great value, the Macintosh is.

I think it's possible that Apple might finally offer an under $999 computer.

The big question is how many people ALREADY spend more than they want to,
and will switch down to a lesser iMac.  Face it, a 500mhz G3 works fine for
most people.

So some sales will be gained by 'Switchers', but some people might downgrade
with their next purchase.

David Sarcastix

http://www.sarcastix.com