[CUBE] The Return of the CUBE???

Benjamin Ing vbing at mac.com
Fri Nov 14 14:06:21 PST 2003

On Nov 13, 2003, at 4:15 AM, Bill Fox wrote:

> I agree it would be fun, I just don't think turning the Cube into an
> iMac is a great idea.
<snip>
> Apple has stated that it will not be in the commodity market. Of
> course, minds could change.

If Jobs is looking to build on the iPod's success, he could build a
media server that could hook up to a composite input on the TV and your
stereo input. Imagine using a Keyspan remote to order iTunes music off
your TV set to be played through your stereo.

If that were the case, it would HAVE to be a commodity, just like the
iPod.

On Nov 13, 2003, at 10:40 AM, Erik Ableson wrote:

> Heck, they offered something silent like this I'd buy two!

The silence is a huge issue for me with Cube. I am willing to live with
slower speed and less performance simply because I can run the Cube in
my bedroom while my wife (and baby boy in a crib) are both sleeping.