[CUBE] Cheap Pcs vs Apple lol

Nicolas ndk at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Nov 14 16:34:57 PST 2003

Bumala, Robert W wrote:

> One of the big things you pay for on a Mac is the operating system.

XP is a fine OS also. Stable and suitable for my needs. It's a matter of
taste, in the end.
It also runs studio max, which doesn't run on Macs. I use the Mac for
everything else though, but I *do* like XP.

Nicolas
   To upgrade the usual windows XP to windows 2000 pro, will run you a
couple of hundred bucks.  Actually, if you tried to purchase all of the
functionality that you get with the Mac OS, it'd probably cost way more
than the eMac.  You say you don't want all of that stuff anyway?  Great,
don't buy a Mac.  But for the total system value, Macs are at least
comparable, and in my opinion, by far the better value.