[CUBE] so this is what silence is

Christian Leue c.leue at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 03:08:29 PST 2003

Am 17.11.2003 um 11:48 schrieb Stevie:

> I tested both, the ATI Radeon 8500 and an GeForce 4 MX (both from
> macs) in my cube. Both are fanless (!). I didn't compare the two
> cards, but I'm working with the GeForce 4 MX, and it doesn't become
> hot with my 17' Formac TFT. The ATI is waiting for better times (or
> reserve)

Now this is interesting!  I have the Rage128 in my Cube, and I would
just love to be able to swap it for the GeForce 4 MX sitting in my
(hardly ever used, because it is too loud) G4 Tower. Reading
cubeowner.com, I had come to the conclusion that the GeForce 4 MX card
is not really to be trusted in the Cube.

Besides the mechanical issue of moving the DC board, did you experience
any increase in temperature at all? I'm curious because I am drooling
for one of the upcoming 1 GHz fanless CPU cards, and I am afraid the
combined additional heat of the CPU and the GeoForce 4 MX would strain
the poor little machine too much.

Cheers,
Christian