OT: Free web browsing from T-mobile

Chip Everts chipeverts at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 10:49:49 PST 2003

 Just discovered this today and thought fellow cubists that used T-mobile might like to know. T-mobile now offers free browsing from WAP enabled cell phones. I read this on techbargains.com and decided to email T-mobile. Here is their response:

>>Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

We now offer Unlimited Free Web browsing that will allow you to use the WAP browser on your handset to view web pages, including our download page. Please be aware that this feature does not include free text messaging, or the ability to send MMS (Multi Media) messages. You will still have to pay to download content from the MyTMobile website, such as ringtones and wallpapers.

You can add 300 text messages to your account for $2.99 a month, which will allow you 300 text messages to send or receive. Or you can add 1000 text messages to your account for $6.99 a month, which will allow you 1000 text messages to send or receive. Please let us know if you wish to add either of these features.

If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

You are a valued customer and we want you to know that T-Mobile appreciates your business. Our goal is to provide World Class customer service and we hope that we have provided you with that today.

Sincerely,
Michael
Web Services
T-Mobile USA, Inc. <<

Web browsing is far from enjoyable on my Sony Ericsson T-610, but heck... if it's free I'll do it! Hope someone can use this.

Cheers,
Chip