[CUBE] Dissabling button

K Peex1 kpeex1 at cox.net
Tue Nov 18 19:00:28 PST 2003

> I want to disable the front button on my 15" studio display and holding
> cmd+shift and pressing the button opens the Displays control panel.
> Cool.

This is thanks to SmallDog's Troy Kingsbury who wrote of this Apple
article recently in their TechTails Newsletter:

TOPIC

The touch switch used to turn on the Apple LCD displays can be disabled
to avoid accidentally turning it on or off.
DISCUSSION

This procedure works with these displays:
	◦ 	Apple Studio Display 15
	◦ 	Apple Studio Display 17 (LCD)
	◦ 	Apple Cinema HD Display
	◦ 	Apple Cinema Display (20-inch)

Mac OS X
1. Press and hold down the Command and Shift keys, and continue to hold
them down while you complete Step 2.
2. Touch the button on the left side of the display to open the
Displays pane of System Preferences. (You may also open the System
Preferences from the Apple menu, then select Displays while still
holding the Command and Shift keys.)
3. Release the Command and Shift keys.
4. With the Displays system preferences panel open, click the Options
tab.
5. Click the "enable bezel button" checkbox to turn the touch switch
feature off or on.
6. Close System Preferences.

Mac OS 9
1. Hold down the Command and Shift keys, and continue to hold them down
while you complete Step 2.
2. Touch the button on the left side of the display to open the
Monitors control panel. (You may also open the Monitors control panel
from the Apple menu, while still holding the Command and Shift keys.)
3. Release the Command and Shift keys.
4. With the Monitors control panel open, click Preferences.
5. Click the "enable bezel button" checkbox to turn the touch switch
feature off or on.
6. Close the Monitors control panel.