Off Topic - Retro resources

Andy G adg at freezone.co.uk
Wed Nov 19 10:48:36 PST 2003

I've recently aquired a stack of old Quadra640 desktops and tower PowerPC
8200/100's plus a couple of random other units, plus bits including RAM,
expansion cards and networking stuff from a university which has
'upgraded' to windows :(

I've managed to cobble together the best parts from several machines to
get an 8200/100 with a *huge* 48MB of RAM and a *mahoosive* 1.2Gb HDD :D

Now it's been a while since I played with kit this old so I'm really not
sure how far I can upgrade the OS (currently 7.6.2 ?? installed from
floppy discs [ahh the good old days ;)]) or the max spec I can get the
hardware up to.
As far as I've determined they don't support dual HDD's since none of
these older ones have jumper settings for master/slave.

Can anyone help out with advice etc ??

I'd happily trade/swap/giveaway any parts and spares for useful stuff I
can put into these fab old beasts.
Contact me directly for info on whats available, the list is too large to
type up.

Cheers.

Andy