[CUBE] Video card advise needed

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Wed Nov 19 18:43:33 PST 2003

On 11/19/03 7:33 PM,"Michal the Milkman" <moo at MichaltheMilkman.com> typed
the following:

> What do you make of this?
>
> -----
>
> HI - I just talked to the tech at Mac-Pro again.  I told him about my
> problems with a Radeon 9000 pro not driving my 20' Apple panel, and he
> gulped, and said, eek, then you must have an older "A" logic board, and
> it won't work with the card he had in mind either.  Does this sound
> reasonable?  I'm ready to throw in the towel.  :(
>
> -----
>
> Are logic boards an issue when upgrading a Cube video card? Thanks,
> Michal

You are being given bogus info. I can't tell you why your 9000 isn't working
(I believe some folks are trying to help you out in the forums ), but a
GF2MX (or GF3) will run your 20" just fine and it's a much simpler install
since it fits the Cube without any modification. I recommend additional
cooling, as always. If you need dual-display support, try a Radeon 7500, as
many will also attest to.

I'm curious as to who at Mac-Pro you were speaking with? Mac-Pro isn't a
service provider, they are a reseller. Do you mean MacResQ? I'd like to know
who you spoke with there, too :)

Laurie
--
Founder, Editor, FAQ-checker