Cube keeps freezing

Jan Witkowski witkowsk at cshl.edu
Sat Nov 22 06:59:26 PST 2003

Our Cube, after a couple of years flawless working (except, of
course, for the power switch), started misbehaving - freezing,
freezing at any of several stages during startup, not finding the
system folder etc. But nothing consistent.

So, I decided to start again  - reformatted the disk, loaded 9.0 from
the CD and upgraded to 9.2.1. with fresh downloads. Now, the Cube has
frozen three times with no applications running and with only the
full 9.2.1 extensions, control panels etc. loaded. It did it last
night with a Finder error 10 message.

Any suggestions? Our IT guy can only think that something funny
happened during the install.
--
Jan A. Witkowski,  Ph.D.
Executive Director, Banbury Center

Editor-in-chief, "Trends in Biochemical Sciences"

home page: http://www.cshl.edu/banbury/witkowski.html
Banbury Center: http://www.cshl.edu/banbury

Inspiring Science: Jim Watson and the Age of DNA
http://www.cshlpress.com/link/insp.htm

The DNA Stuff Store http://www.dnastuff.com