Flickering display!

Meirion Roscoe roscoe at macunlimited.net
Sat Nov 22 14:55:58 PST 2003

Could somebody please point me in the right direction here?  When my
cube wakes from sleep ( just in the past 2 days) the periphery of the
screen (outer 2 inches on a 17" Apple LCD) flickers for about 4-5
seconds, as if it is struggling to wake up.   It eventually kicks
itself into life and all's well.  Is this the start of a screen
failure?  Or possibly my video card going tits-up?  I've had the cube
and screen for about a year and had no snags until now.  Has anyone had
anything similar?

Cube spec

Standard 450mhz running 10.2.6
1.5Gb RAM
Standard Rage 128
WD 120GB 8mb HD
No extra cooling

Background is a jpeg (Local view)

cube runs in a steady 16 deg C (It's in  my wine cellar - not far to
stretch for a decent red whilst surfing :-)

Any help would be very gratefully received.

TIA

Rossi