[CUBE] LCD monitor

Leo Baghdassarian lb at leoport.com
Sun Nov 23 09:19:53 PST 2003

> I have two major considerations: price (of course) and reliability.
> I would appreciate suggestions. A refurbished monitor might
> be an option. I want to know about brands which work well for
> others. I can not afford $700 for the Apple monitor.

I hope everyone doesn't hate me for suggesting this ;-)

But Dell usually has some killer deals on their Dell branded LCDs.  You can
usually find their 19" (1901FP) for $550-$575.  I am not sure if that is in
your price range.  Their 17" (1703FP) is usually $100 cheaper.  These are
quality displays... I remember the older models (1702FP, 1900FP) were just
Samsung monitors that were re-branded as Dell.  They offer dual inputs
(analog and DVI), and have great specs.

One thing to remember is that if you have problematic eye sight, you will
probably want to go with the 19" LCDs, because (usually) all monitors
between 17"-19" will have the same native SXGA resolution (1280x1024)... So
a 19" will just make everything 'bigger.'  (never mind this comment if you
are not planning on using native resolution... (however, I recommend not
doing this because you will lose the 'crispness' that an LCD has to offer).

What's your budget?

Leo.