[CUBE] wondering about GigaDesigns CPU card...

Sean Terrill a10t2 at mac.com
Tue Nov 25 11:56:50 PST 2003

Quoth Leo Baghdassarian (lb at leoport.com) at 11/25/03 13:15:

>> I would upgrade the graphics card first. Quite honestly, I'm
>> not sure that a
>> 1 or 1.2 GHz processor will feel much faster than a 450 or
>> 500 MHz one for that kind of use. With Quartz and now Quartz
>> Extreme, the graphics card has much more to do with the
>> perceived speed.
>
> Sean,  What card would you recommend?  I have the GeForce2 MX currently in
> my cube and wouldn't mind faster graphics :-)  However, silence is golden
> and I wouldn't want to spoil a future fanless CPU upgrade.

As far as fanless cards, I think the best option is the Radeon 7500, but it
probably wouldn't be much faster than your GeForce2 MX. Some people have
tried running

Sean Terrill
a10t2 at mac.com
http://a10t2.cjb.net
Al Gore: "If we don't go back there and make that event happy, the entire
universe will be destroyed. And as an environmentalist, I'm against that." -
'Futurama'