[CUBE] Giga Upgrade

Bumala, Robert W robert.w.bumala at lmco.com
Wed Nov 26 08:31:20 PST 2003

Anthony,
  The thermal paste makes a huge difference.  Without it the only thermal transfer path is via the screws, and only a tight circle around them.  Was there any paste left on the heatsink when you removed the stock processor?
  If you have a multimeter, then a really simple, and cheap temperature monitor is to get a thermistor from any electronics store, attach some wires to it and measure the resistance.  The thermistor should come with a chart to convert the resistance to temperature.  Another idea is to get one of those cheap indoor / outdoor thermometers and put the outdoor probe in the cube.
Bob.

Robert W. Bumala
Circuit Design Engineer Staff
Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Center

Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
Org. L9-42  Bld. 255
3251 Hanover Street
Palo Alto, CA 94304-1191