[CUBE] Giga Upgrade

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Wed Nov 26 11:20:49 PST 2003

On 26 Nov 2003, at 8:10 PM, Leo Baghdassarian wrote:

> Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't the GD Cube Upgrade come with
> it's own
> copper heatsink/spreader (already attached to the CPU card)?  So if one
> would want to put thermal grease in between, they would have to remove
> the
> heatsink, apply, then reassemble the heatsink?
>
> For some reason, I remember reading that it comes with it's own
> heatsink
> attached... So maybe the thermal paste isn't necessary?
>
> - Leo

It comes with the thermal transfer plate to transfer the heat to the
cube heatsink if you don't put the paste you will likely burn up your
processor because the heat will have very little chance to transfer to
the air to cool it down, i'm sure you are getting some heat transfer to
the main heatsink of the cube without paste because if it wasn't i'm
sure your computer would be freezing already. put the paste your
processor will thank. go light with the paste don't overdo it, that can
make matters worse.

Richard