[CUBE] GeForce 3 video card

François Menu frmen at wanadoo.fr
Sun Nov 30 07:19:31 PST 2003

Le 30 nov. 03, à 14:16, Sergey Zak a écrit :

> I wonder why PowerLogix could not produce nice videocards for Cubes?
> Say, a passive cooled^ small form factor Radeon 8500 twinhead with ADC
> for
> around $200 would be it.

Indeed! It would be cool :-) And they could use one of the powerful
"mobile" graphic chips, like the ones used in the PowerBooks: they are
less power hungry, and could run without a fan (silence is golden :-).

Make that videocard with the form factor that fits in the Cube without
modifications (no DCDC board relocation, no Dremeling). Use a recent
graphic chip that doesn't require active cooling (ATI Mobility Radeon
9600 ?), include 64MB of VRam, and provide dual output: ADC and DVI. I
know that the opening for the graphics port in the Cube does not
provide enough room for an ADC port and a DVI port, but the solution
can be using the same mini-DVI port that is used in the new PowerBook
12". The necessary adpator to connect to a full DVI monitor already
exists, and you have adaptors that provide VGA out or TV out!

--
François Menu
frmen at wanadoo.fr