[CUBE] New HDD problems

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sun Nov 30 21:07:02 PST 2003

I just installed a 120 GB Segate drive in my cube.  I set it to master. I
had to format it with Disk Utility (look in the Apple menu after booting
the OS X installer CD) before the installer would cooperate.

Does the old HD work OK after swapping it back in place? Perhaps you
accidentally pulled the other end of the cable loose when working inside
the cube. Of course, if you can boot off of CD, that isn't likely.

Allan